Thursday, March 24, 2005

First Steps

Who wants to focus on the void?

Why would we do such a thing?

It is honest.

Our lives are idexes of our honesty. Certainly it is uncomfortable to contemplate the ways in which our lives are meaningless, (and I of course strongly discourage Nihilism as a philosophical choice) but there are repercussions to such avoidance.

---

Let me first cut to the chase and suggest that one accomplishable goal would be that by balancing the horrific, the beautiful, the ambiguous and the contradictory aspects of life we become more aware of the profound and mysterious aspects of our lives that are in fact all around us.

This kind of aesthetic and philosophical sensiblility is not easily compatable with societal compromises and abitions, of course, but niether are they mutually exclusive. One must simply accept that to live in such an idealistic way is hard work.

---

If we run from this challenge, however, and accept the ready "truths" of dogmatic religion or live instead for glib materialism and historic significance, then we are hiding from ourselves those questions we have no good answer for. In this way, fear grows in our subconscious minds and we at critical times act in ways we do not understand our own motivations for.

Yes, it is like being hit in the face with a big red rubber ball (for all you Huckabee's fans), but by god, it's better than living the only life we've got hiding from shadows.

10 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, June 12, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I know this is somewhat off-topic but I had to ask.
Does building a well-established blog such as yours take
a massive amount work? I'm completely new to writing a blog however I do write in my diary everyday. I'd like
to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and thoughts online.
Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for new aspiring bloggers.
Appreciate it!

Also visit my site twitter

 
At 10:38 AM, June 12, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If some one desires to be updated with latest technologies afterward he must be
go to see this site and be up to date everyday.

my web blog twitter followers free

 
At 12:32 PM, June 12, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent blog right here! Additionally your website
quite a bit up very fast! What host are you the usage of?

Can I get your associate hyperlink for your host? I desire my website loaded up as quickly as yours
lol

Feel free to surf to my blog post - twitter

 
At 12:58 PM, June 12, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable experience concerning unexpected emotions.


Stop by my webpage: buy twitter

 
At 4:11 PM, June 12, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my website thus
i came to “return the favor”.I'm attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

Visit my web blog; twitter

 
At 4:24 PM, June 12, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the primary time here. I found
this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much.
I'm hoping to present one thing again and help others such as you aided me.

Check out my page - place to buy twitter

 
At 4:48 PM, June 12, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.

Nonetheless, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!


my web site twitter followers free

 
At 2:33 AM, June 13, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got this website from my friend who shared with me
on the topic of this web page and at the moment this time I am visiting this web site and reading
very informative content at this time.

Also visit my web-site place to buy twitter

 
At 10:54 AM, June 17, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi to every one, it's really a fastidious for me to go to see this site, it consists of priceless Information.

Look at my website :: buy twitter

 
At 11:56 AM, June 17, 2013, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I just want to give you a big thumbs up for your great information you have got right here on this post.
I'll be returning to your site for more soon.

Feel free to visit my web blog: buy twitter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|